Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has it been 6 months already . . . . :(

I know it's been a while since we blogged but hey it's summer ....we're out and about enjoying the weather and the time off from school. Nothing too exciting has happened lately. The only thing I can think of is that it's been 6 whole months since our little Jessa girl was born! I can't even believe it. It seems like just yesterday that we were finding out she was going to be coming into this world and now she's already been her for 1/2 a year! I can't even remember life without her. She brings such a fun spirit into our home and she makes us so happy. Some things that we love about her and what she's been doing:
* she has a smile/laugh that will melt your heart! It's fun discovering ways to get her to giggle. Something she thought was so hilarious the day before usually is so boring the next day.
* her rolls! Jessa is a little chubster! Her rolls have rolls! She's been up in the 95th percentile for her height and weight every time we go into the doctor. She goes in again in two weeks so we'll see where she's at now.
* her love for food. Jessa has recently been eating solid foods and boy does she love it! Every time she takes a bite of her rice cereal or whatever she is eating, she says yummm. Of course, she probably doesn't even know that is what she is saying but it's oh so cute!
* she says mom!! hahaha I am so happy about this one. I have been saying mom-mom-mom to her since she was born. I was very determined to get her to say ma-ma before da-da and we were successful! but now I feel bad for Dusty so I've been saying da-da the past couple of days.
* we think she is getting ready to crawl. She has been rolling over now for a couple months. As soon as we lay her on her back on the floor she immediately rolls onto her belly. At first, she didn't really like being on her tummy but as time goes on, she seems to enjoy it more and more.
* her personality! And man is she getting one. It's so fun to see her personality start to show through. She is full of it most of the time! We always laugh because she gets this wild look in her eyes (we call it the wild-woman look) and then she goes crazy!! She jumps up and down and screams like a dinosaur and tries to grab your face off. I can't wait to see what kind of kid she will be . . .
* her curiosity. Jessa is so curious about the world and how everything works. It makes my day every time I see her figure something out for the first time.

As you can see, Jessa is pretty much our world these days!! hahaha and we wouldn't want it any other way!

As far as me and Dusty go...
Dusty got hired on for a full-time position at ISU back in April. This has been such a huge blessing to us. For one, there was a bit of a pay increase . . . Second, we now have full benefits . . .And the Big deal is that we (even me!!) get school paid for!! I think it ends up costing about 5 dollars per credit! How awesome is that!?! So...which brings us on to our next topic... I am going back to school! I am a little nervous about this one but very excited at the same time. I am going into elementary education...I think! hahaha Dusty is going into the social work field for now. But with school being such a sweet deal, heck, we might even both go for our masters!

We all are alive, in love, happy and healthy and we hope you all are as well.

No comments: