Monday, February 25, 2008

Hidden Treasures



So our sink has been backing up and it has been driving Jenny and I CRAZY! So today i went and bought some drano thinking it would easily solve our problem and we would be clog free from here on out. Well just as i was going to pour the drano down i looked and saw something but i couldnt tell exactly what it was. After closer examination and a flash light, I noticed that there was a fork stuck in the drain. So I went and grabbed a wire hangar out of the closet and pulled it out. Problem solved right? Wrong. I grabbed the flashlight and looked again. Well among the hair, rotten rice, sour noodles and such i noticed that there was a knife also stuck in the drain. Well my first thought was, " How in the crap did jenny not notice a fork AND a knife were missing." I grabbed my hangar and went to work. After a few minutes I was able to pull the knife from the depths of our stink drain. To our surprise it wasnt our knife but it was a much much older knife. We are thinking it came from the colonial period of 1960 or so, being our house was built in 1946. Im thinking that it would be smart of us to show our newly acquired knife to the folks over Antique Road show. Who knows might be would a nickel or two.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

People all over the world are going to start checking there drains for hidden treasures!

The Lowder Family said...

Wow, I wish that I could find that in my drain!!!! But no, all we ever find is hair!!. By the way, The toe pictures are officialy the starnges things I have ever seen an a blog.