Monday, February 16, 2009

2 weeks old!

Our little angel had her 2 week check-up today (even though she was only 13 days old technically.) And she is doing awesome!! She weighed 7lb 4oz when born . . .lost 2oz while in the NICU . . . weighed 7lb 6oz the day we took her home . . . weighed 7lb 7oz two days later . . and today she weighed 7lb 12oz!! Our little girl gained 5oz in 6 days!! She is mommy's good little eater! Not only is she a good little eater, she is also an awesome sleeper. We've had a few rough nights but for the most part, our little girl lets me sleep for about 4 hours, gets me up for about an hour to eat, and then sleeps again for another 4 hours. I feel so lucky!!

As far as motherhood goes, it is amazing! I never knew I could love someone so much. It amazes me how much love I feel for her and how I would do absolutely anything for her. I love everything about her. I love how she stares at me . . I love the funny faces she makes. . . I love her cute cooing sounds she does . . . I love holding her . . . I love feeding her and cuddling her . . . I love changing her bum . . I could go on and on.

I love watching her with her daddy. Her daddy loves her so much! He sings her the funniest songs . . he is the bestest burp-getter-outer . . .he gets so heart broken everytime she cries. . . he is so gentle with her . . . he gets up with us in the night to make sure we're okay. He is a great Daddy.

It's been a while since I've posted pictures of our sweet baby girl. I have soooo many pictures but I can't decide which ones to put up. So I will do a few of my favorites. We are going to get some professional ones done soon and I can't wait! :)

Drinking a ba ba in the NICU. I love how she just stares right at you when she eats!

Proud Mommy and Daddy!Showing off her hair after getting it washed.

After her first car ride. We had her snuggled really tight in her snow suit because it's been so cold. The suit is way too big for her but it keeps her nice and warm.

Mommy and Jessa at Grandma Santillanes' house. It was sooo nice to hold her without all the cords coming off of her.



Cougar checking out his new sister. He is soooo good with her

Hanging out in her bouncer. Sleeping with daddy. Daddy was sleeping too but I woke him up with the flash. So I made him pretend to go back to sleep. (he wasn't very good at it)

"What you lookin at?"She loves to have her hands right by her face. She figured out how to hold her own hands! sooo cute

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Jenny she is so sweet. Makes me want one!! Why was she in the NICU?

Casey and Kristi said...

So cute Jenny!! I can't believe all her hair, Olivia is 7 months old and still has none!!! How are you feeling, you look great in the pics!!! Why was she in NICU? Hope everything is ok.

The Lowder Family said...

where in the world did she get that hair from???? It has to be Dusty side of the family.....all the kids on that family have sooo much hair, she is so cute! Congratulations

sam and kyrsten said...

i dont know if you know me or not... im taryns sister but i just wanted to tell you that you have such a cute little girl! congratulations!

Dusty and Jenny Willis said...

Thanks everyone! She definitely gets her hair from the Willis side of the family. it is so much fun to play around with and i'm crossing my fingers she doesnt lose any of it! She was in the NICU because right before I delivered her, I spiked a really high fever and they figured I had an infection in my uterus. Turns out, I did and I unfortunately passed it on to Jessa. So she was in the NICU receiving some IV antibiotics for 5 days. SHe is perfect now and everything is A-OK! It was a little scary at first though