Okay so on Sunday night me and Dust went to his parents house and watched Christmas Vacation. Everytime we watch that show (which could be one of the best Christmas movies of all time) we say how we would love one of those "countdown to Christmas" calendars that it shows in the movie. So we did some research online and found some amazing wooden advent calendars that you open up a drawer everyday in December and there is a new "piece" to a puzzle that is complete once you get to December 25th. There were some that you hung ornaments on the tree and some with nativity scenes. Anyway, we found some really really cool ones. But there was a problem . . . they are soooo expensive! We're talking 79.99 all the way up to 100 bucks!! We thought, "there is no way we can afford one this year, but maybe in years to come." I then came up with the idea for us to make our own. So, kind of randomly, me and Dust headed to the craft store and bought the things we would need to make our own calendars. We are each making one and we are both still in the beginning stages . .. BUT I have a picture of mine. I didnt take one of Dusty's yet cuz I didn't want to ruin his project. He might have some big reveal planned later or something. I haven't decided what I am going to put inside the "pockets" of mine yet. I cant decide if I should put a piece of candy for everyday or if I should make a "little Christmas guy" that I move everyday. So who knows! I still have lots of decorating and "cute" things to add but here it is soo far . .

hahaha i'm pretty proud of it. It's a fun project . . . especially if you have little ones. Yeah I know...I'm like a little kid in a grown up body. I love stuff like this!! Oh yeah . . it's also me and Dusty's 2nd anniversary today! Yay! Two whole years! So I'll be doing another post later about that. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment