Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back from the hospital .. .

Just thought I'd do a quick blog about our recent run in with the hospital. It started on Tuesday night while I was at work. My back started hurting again (just like it did with the kidney stones earlier in Oct.) so I went home early from work. I luckily had Wednesday and Thursday off so I took it easy both days and "self-medicated" myself to ease the pain. I pretty much slept the entire day on Wednesday and was pretty worthless but I was feeling okay on Thursday so I didn't take hardly any meds. Well Thursday night I got hit by the worst pain I have ever felt. I couldnt even walk!! So I called Dusty who was as work and told him we needed to run up to the hospital so I could get checked out. Well to make a long story somewhat short, I ended up having a pretty severe kidney infection and ended up being admitted to the hospital for some hard core antibiotic treatments. I was admitted on Thursday night and ended up being discharged this afternoon at 1:00 or so. It was definitely something we werent planning on but I am so thankful that Dusty was able to arrange his schedule with school and work to take care of me. I am also thankful for my sister Amber and her girls who came to entertain me for the day on Friday. We had a lot of fun :). It also gave Dusty a chance to get some stuff done. I will post a picture later tonight of us! I am doing good and feeling good and our sweet little baby girl was awesome through it all. She passed all of her NST (non-stress tests) with flying colors! Thanks to everyone who called or texted to make sure I was okay.This is me and Kaiya and Kylie hanging out on my bed watching about a bazillion episodes of spongebob squarepants. It was my sweet husband who packed my "security/comfort/blankie" with us to the hospital and it was so nice to have with me!! hahaha i know i know...how old am i? Not the best picture ... I was feeling pretty good with the morphine they gave me.
Okay this picture is for Kylie. She got this hippo thing from McDonalds and somehow it came up missing when they left for the day. We looked everywhere for it and she was sooooo sad. But guess what?? We found it!! Yay! So Amber be sure to tell Kylie we are babysitting her hippo until we see her next time.

2 comments:

The Larsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Larsons said...

Oh Jenny I had no idea! It sounds like that was scary!! Well Im glad you are okay!! And to make you feel better I still have a "blankie" too! haha Blaise is always telling me to get rid of it! haha